This is going to be our first blog "recipe". When we find a project we think you may like, we'll create a recipe for it. We'll give you our step by step directions. We'll also give you tips, mistakes, and whatever else happens along the way. Please feel free to give us your comments.
High Back Chairs
Becky found these chairs. They need something! The recipe is below.
One item to note - Becky paints her furniture with a Graco cordless paint sprayer.
We'll post information about the sprayer another time.
HIGH BACK CHAIR RECIPE
- Spray with Kilz Primer (spray paint)
- Sand because Kilz leaves a rough texture – left it rough in some places as I liked the texture it gave to the wood.
- Spray with Sherwin Williams Steamed Milk
- Dry brush a combo of Valspar Mixing Glaze and Sherwin Williams Steely Gray/Aqua Sphere – just played with these three until I got the color I liked. Dry brushing lets the base paint color show through so you can see the brush marks and the creamy color underneath.
- Rub the edges for a distressed look.
- Cover the seat cushion in cream linen from Hancock Fabrics.
- Seal with spray polycrylic.
Here they are again...
|The "before" and "after"|