Ingredients: Graco cordless paint sprayer, Valspar Signature Color Kettle Black (paint and primer in one step), sand paper, fabric, foam, stapler, welting
- Sand out knicks and scratches by hand. Wipe dust off chair.
- Apply two coats of Valspar's Kettle Black. Use a brush for touch ups.
- Put foam on the seat of the chair. Wrap the fabric over the top of foam. Staple fabric to frame.
- Add black welting around edges to cover staples - gives it a finished look
Two Tier End Tables
Ingredients: Graco cordless paint sprayer, Valspar Signature Color Hazy Dawn (paint and primer in one step), sand paper, paintable wall paper, glass knob
- Sand and clean. Sanding will remove nicks and scratches. Clean after you sand because the piece will be very dusty. Paint won't stick if dust is present.
- Slide drawers open and closed. If the drawers "stick", sand the area. This will help out!
- Apply paintable pre-pasted wall paper to flat surfaces. We used wall paper to cover up imperfections on the flat surfaces of the tables.
- Cut the wall paper before wetting it - recommend an extra inch wide on the edges. Set the paper in 2 inches of water. I let it "set" for 20-30 seconds. My daughter just learned how to count to twenty - so we tested her skills! :-) The paste is ready when it feels like Elmer's White School Glue to your touch. Gently, fold wall paper in half. This helps to activate the glue. Drain excess water off wall paper. Don't make creases in the paper!
- Apply to your piece of furniture. Center it. Wipe the top of the wall paper with a damp cotton towel to remove bubbles. Glue will ooze out of the edges. That's ok. Just wipe it off. Trim the edges with a razor knife when the paper was wet. Let it dry for 24 hours before you paint. No cheating!
- Wall paper closeup picture will be added soon.
- Paint two coats of Valspar paint. The all-in-one paint and primer works great - sticks very well to the wall paper.
- Add glass knob for finishing touch!
Wicker Headboard Recipe
Ingredients: Graco power sprayer, Valspar Signature Color Hazy Dawn (paint and primer in one step), two rolls of ribbon
- Apply two coats of Hazy Dawn (yellow) Valspar paint and primer in one. We used the power sprayer - you could just as easily use spray paint.
- Weave ribbon of your choice through the wicker. Super easy! Adds a personal touch.
Night Stand Recipe
Ingredients: Graco cordless paint sprayer, Valspar Signature Color Hazy Dawn (paint and primer in one step), sand paper, silver knob, silver metallic craft paint
- Sand. This will help remove surface scratches. Wipe off furniture after sanding. It will be dusty!
- Apply two coats of Valspar paint. Let dry 12 hours.
- Add stencil to door front. We used silver metallic craft paint to match the knob. Center stencil on front of drawer. Attach using blue painter's tape. You don't want to use sticky tape because the tape will peel off your paint. Stencil away!
- Add knob or pull of your choice.
Ingredients: Graco cordless paint sprayer, paint, stain
- Paint 2 coats of Sherwin Williams Steely Gray
- Glazed with Minwax Dark Walnut Stain – brush on – wipe off with wet rag, then dry rag
Ingredients: Graco cordless paint sprayer, sand paper, paint, stain
- Sand thoroughly
- Paint with Sherwin Williams Steamed Milk
- Glaze with Minxwax Dark Walnut Stain = brush on – wipe off with wet rag, then dry rag
- Rubb edges back down to original wood for distressed look
Ingredients: spray paint, masking tape, sand paper, fabric, scrap book paper, Mod Podge, drawer pulls
- Prime! Spray with Rust-Oleum White 2x Painter’s Touch Primer. This will help keep the brown from bleeding through the light colors. It dries quickly. Was ready to paint first coat after 30 minutes.
Lilac Dresser - Before and After
Ingredients: Graco cordless paint sprayer, primer, paint, sand paper, crystal handles